There are a lot of people having the conversation about monitoring. It is a term that is widely used, yet often misunderstood.
From our point of view, there are three types of solution that sit within the monitoring space:
- OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturers) – Control panels that observe and relay alarms or information up to a central collation point and then runs basic analysis to try and narrow down what the issue is
- Other 3rd Party Monitoring Solutions – These are solutions independent of the OEM that take the data and information from the OEM infrastructure and provide it to you in a slightly different way. The quality of the data tends to be no better than the data that comes straight from the OEM
- The IMS Approach: Dynamic Monitoring
Dynamic Monitoring runs agnostic to the OEM interfaces and gathers data in real time, running advanced analytics on that data that then implements business processes and procedures before directing this into your businesses workflow for acting on resolution.
IMS can deliver you a simple remote view point, delivering you real time dynamic monitoring and automatic remote adjustments.
What can Dynamic Monitoring do for you and your business?
In order to understand this, here are some key questions about your current or prospective monitoring solution:
- Does it have the ability to connect multiple types of controls, machine class and assets, and bring them all together to speak one language and provide one unified view for you and your business?
- Does it manage your data in real time at the edge rather than the centre, ensuring that you are not impacting on valuable network capacity within your business?
- Can it utilise multiple data sources such as machine, equipment, assets, energy, customer feedback, weather and tracking, and support you in building and automating your business processes in real time?
- Can it support you with proactive maintenance routines allowing you to predict failure in time for you to resolve it before it impacts your customers?
- Does it provide an enterprise level view to allow your teams and contractors to fully utilize the data that is contained within your business and can multiple people use it to make things better for your customers?
- Is it future proofed and wont require extensive hardware replacements, giving you the flexibility to not be tied to a particular OEM leaving you with outdated infrastructure and legacy replacement costs?
- Does it deliver you Economy of Scope? Once the solution is deployed, does it continue to add new benefits year on year as you discover new possibilities and benefits?
If you are not answering YES to all of the above, then it is time for Better Choices Made Possible.